Jenni Dall (Principal Psychologist)
Jenni’s Values as a Therapist
“Encountering each person as a human being whose joys and successes, pain and struggles, are unique; yet in another way, are just like those of all of us. Therapist/client roles are just points of view, not fixed, and certainly not value judgments. Where I have professional skills and life experience that can help shine a light, I hope to offer them humbly, flexibly, respectfully, working together to find ways to live life more skilfully.”
- Almost 40 years counselling, including children, adolescents, adults, families, relationships of many kinds
- Over a decade working with mindfulness-based cognitive behavioural therapies, including ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), Morita Therapy, DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy), CFT (Compassion-focussed Therapy), FAP (Functional Analytic Psychotherapy), and related frameworks such as RFT (Relational Frame Theory) and Polyvagal Theory. Has trained in all these applications.
- Draws too on a background of many years training/experience in relations-based psychodynamic therapy and Attachment Theory, Family Systems, Narrative Therapy, and trauma-sensitive approaches.
- 40+ years personal yoga practice, and 30+ years teaching yoga
- Extensive experience presenting training seminars, facilitating groups
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
- Yoga therapy for Trauma, Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia (Certified Iyengar Yoga Instructor)
- Special interest in how recent developments in western psychological science reflect ancient processes developed in yogic practices – both on the experiential and behavioural levels, and also on the neuro-scientific levels. Jenni has developed an integration of mindfulness-based psychological therapies with the science and art of Iyengar yoga therapy.
- Corporate presentations include experiential components to bring the skills home to participants
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays (for regular consultations)
- Corporate Events by arrangement
- New clients currently accepted, but wait time may be around 2 weeks
- Medicare/private: $138
- EAP, Supervision: $156 (individual), $191 (group)
- Workers Comp & Motor Vehicle Accident insurance: as per SIRA schedule
- Medico-legal: as per APS schedule
- Corporate presentations: available upon application
Book an Appointment
If you would like to book an appointment with Mindwise, email us via our contact form and we will get back to you to discuss your requirements. Alternatively phone (02) 4210 6130.